Figured out how to paint Orc flesh. I’m doing the following:
– Prime white.
Paint the following layers by hand (not drybrushed or blended):
– Base skin Snot Green.
– 50/50 Snot Green, Goblin Green over most of the flesh, leaving Snot green in the folds.
– Goblin Green over slightly less of the flesh.
– 50/50 Goblin Green, Scorpian Green over just the high points.
– Scorpian Green as the final highlight…just on the real high points (knuckles, ends of noses etc).
– Ink wash with mix of Windsor & Newton ‘Apple Green’ ink dulled down with a drop of plain old India Ink and cut with 50/50 water/Klear floor wax.
Worked on Mordheim fountain – texturing and some preliminary painting. Put together Goblin corpse from wolf rider legs, bare zombie torso and arms. He looks nice and bloated – will go into fountain before pouring water effects. Put together Orc banner for Mordheim Orc warband as well.
Finished Mordheim Squig #3 just before going on holiday in Coromandel for a week. Could have highlighted up to white more but looks reasonably albino-like. That’s all the Squigs in the Orc Mordheim warband sorted.
Nipped into GW at lunchtime. Picked up loose Goblin head and body sprues (enough for 5 Goblins) and Town Cryer 20 + 21. Put two Goblins together and based them for Mordheim Squig wranglers. Stripped the spare Squig and based it- it needs to be re-painted to field in Mordheim – thinking of trying an ‘albino’ (yellow base to white highlights, red eyes) scheme. Pinned the arms on the last Mordheim Orc. Gave another MH Orc a bow – cut from a Goblin arm. Entire MH Orc warband is ready to go – need to be painted.
Finished Mordheim house #2.
Finished Imperial Guard Catachan – only 2 more to go to finish that damned squad!
Built town fountain base, painted Mordhiem Troll skin – detailing to go.
Bit of painting of Lost Prince.
More casting for Mordheim tower, added parapet. Started converting 3 WFB Flaggelants into 40k Imperial Preachers.
Pit molded Mordheim gargoyles using RTV and an ice cube tray – worked quite nicely – stopping plaster is ok for casting. Cast numerous corner stones for ruined tower. Put together beginnings of stone tower. Finished both MH Orc Sguigs.